Welcome!

Here at Don't Count On It Reviews, you can read reviews from different artists from different styles.
Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Marc Broude - Psychological Warfare Single (2011)


Band: Marc Broude
Country: Chicago, Illinois
Style: Industrial Metal
Label: No Zen Records

When Marc emailed me about reviewing this release, I knew nothing about him, but I agreed, just cause I'm always interested in hearing new music. It wasn't till I actually looked him up and found out that this album was originally released in 2006, this is a remixed and remastered version of that EP. Being compared to the likes of Godflesh, Sepultura, and Ministry are quite hefty comparisons, let's see if he pulled it off.
The two songs that make up this single are both shorter pieces that definitely bring the heavy. The Godflesh vibe is definitely here in full affect, dark and disorienting atmospheres with processed vocals and brutal guitars. The title-track, Psychological Warfare, is just everything that I could ever ask for from an industrial metal song, it's just heavy and crushing with an absolutely killer groove. The second track, God Smacker, is a bit more on the atmospheric side in my opinion, definitely a lot more consistently heavy, but just a lot more ambient sounds in the background.
This is a pretty cool single, definitely a release more people should check out. I think the title-track is probably one of the best songs to come from the industrial scene I've heard this year. Definitely look into this single if you're into the bands mentioned above.
Overall Score: 7
Highlights: Psychological Warfare

No comments:

Post a Comment