Welcome!

Here at Don't Count On It Reviews, you can read reviews from different artists from different styles.
Enjoy!

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sorts - Sorts EP (2011)


Band: Sorts
Country: Tallinn, Estonia
Style: Black Metal
Label: Drakkar Productions

Two tracks, brutal black metal from Estonia, a country I know almost nothing about, why not give it a shot. Being that this EP is just over ten minute total, I almost instinctively had to check it out. There was just something about the cover and the track titles that made me want to check this out.
This EP wastes no time, bursting out into an old-school blackened thrash vibe with Gentes Aestorum. Both Hands, Middle Finger however takes an odd turn with it's opening covering Guns N' Roses' Paradise City, with wrong lyrics, before bursting into a more traditional black metal sort of sound. This type of style may not be something I typically listen to, but I do enjoy it when it's done well, and what I'm hearing from these tracks definitely has my blood pumping. There's a punk sort of energy on here, something I always love hearing in metal, so that's just a plus in my book.
Overall, this was a decent release, it has a good energy to it, and I'd definitely check out a full-length if it was being released. I am a fan of what I heard on here, though the second track's intro was a bit irksome, I still enjoyed it. If you like blackened thrash, definitely look into checking out this EP.
Overall Score: 6.5
Highlights: Gentes Aestorum

No comments:

Post a Comment